Monday, January 14, 2008

Art City DVDs

Welcome to my first product-review. I wanted to talk about a set of DVDs called Art City. These are 3 documentaries that I think really give you a good insight into the contemporary art world. The films basically follow around various contemporary artists as they work in their studios, go to openings, meet with collectors, etc. I found it very eye-opening. One of the main realizations that I came away with is that there is very little difference between a "major, important" artist, and an unknown, average artist. In fact, I didn't know which was which until I looked up the various artists from the DVD and found that some of them are in my "Most important artists of the 20th Century" book, and some of them don't even show up in google.
I recommend these DVDs for any artist who hopes to "make it" in the art world.


No comments: