Friday, February 15, 2008

Too many other people

I was thinking recently about the topic of becoming a rich/famous artist. I realized something - becoming rich/famous is not something that you can sit down, and make happen, yourself. There are just too many other people involved.

There are just too many other people, out of your control, each with their own thoughts, preferences, opinions, interests, etc.

  • Gallery owners
  • The general public
  • The media
  • Museum curators
  • Finanical investors
  • Magazine editors
  • Art buyers
  • 2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Steve,
    As I read your blogs, I relaize that you read books and had interests I never even knew about when we lived at Courncopiua. I did not know you read art books. I wwas never home. I was always at the Greco's I remeber the year Joe Gursick was Hitler at the ACCt fair, but I didn know you won the next year! -SYD

    Anonymous said...

    Good words.