Tuesday, December 18, 2007

New American Paintings results

I noticed that several people have been searching for the results of the New American Paintings competition, and have found my blog. Like you, I am awaiting the results, which I hope will be out soon. While we wait, here is some info that I have learned from being in the magazine previously:
  • The results are mailed out around December 12th. *** Update: I got the following email from N.A.P on 1/4/07:

    We expect to begin sending out notifications early next week.

    Best,

    --
    Jessica Fortin
    Open Studios Press
    617-778-5265

  • If you are accepted, you get forms for you to fill out, etc. They ask you to send them 6 additional pictures, so that they have a total of 10 to choose from for the magazine.
  • If you are not accepted, you get a simple letter telling you "sorry".
  • There is a third option, which happened to me last year - if you are an "alternate", they will keep your slides until around February 8th; you are kind of like a runner-up in the Miss America pageant - should one of the other artists be unable to perform her duties...
  • No comments: